Industrial Development Manager Job
Apply for Job
Date: Aug 1, 2015
Location: Jubail, SA
Projects we are actively involved with in Jubail include: new residential communities, petrochemical industrial zone site preparation, various commercial buildings and structures, mosques, schools, hospitals, sports facilities, clinics, a new 30,000 student university, utility services and infrastructure (electrical sub-stations, lift stations), roads and highways, port & pipeline expansions, and more.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage various department projects and activities for the Industrial Clustering Department.
Works under the Director of Industrial Cluster Dept. in performing needed studies and knowledge transfer for the Industrial Cluster development Dept.
Acts as consultant for the Implementation of department policies, goals, objectives, and procedures and support in their development as needed
- Reviews optimal product and service portfolio for the city to maximize synergies and promote clustering.
- Prepares and assesses opportunities in the city for petrochemical / energy intensive industries to promote and build out the cluster programs.
- Analyzes cluster development feasibility studies to use them as a basis for future cluster economic planning.
- Conducts economic and technical analysis of potential cluster opportunities, reports on findings, and meets with department directors in order to obtain the needed feedback.
- Evaluate and prepare situational analyses to determine strategic opportunities and threats to the achievement the RC strategic direction.
- Developing business cases for and select new city/expansion in alignment with approved RC strategies.
- Performs necessary research into industrial clusters and provides specialist insight towards the development of industrial clusters accordingly.
- Analyses potential cluster opportunities and their impact, taking into consideration the Royal Commission's objectives, strategic plans and city needs.
- Develops economic objectives for Industries, coordinates with various stakeholders/ tenants/ investors in order to obtain the necessary feedback to refine industrial cluster plans and objectives.
- Works with current and expected future products as feedstock for future industrial clusters and to review other related information in order to assess any potential opportunities in the development of industrial clusters.
- Conducts cluster development feasibility studies and utilizes findings as a basis for future industrial cluster planning.
- Monitors and prepares reports on the growth and development of the industrial cluster plans under implementation, and provides the input on feedback in order to rectify deviations.
- Conducts economic analysis of potential support cluster opportunities.
- Supervises, coordinates, and directs the needed teams to implement the needed detailed work plans to accomplish functions operational objectives.
- Oversees the implementation of operations plans, policies, procedures, and transition/ migration plans.
- Communicates relevant information to subordinates and superiors.
- Evaluates Subordinates in a fair, transparent, and objective manner on a periodic basis.
- Handles difficult employee situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Creates an environment where Innovators can successfully achieve professional career path goals.
- In partnership with Human Resources, evaluates and recommends to superiors the required training and development programs for subordinates to provide the needed training opportunities for professional growth.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineer-Petro-Chemicals with MBA.
- Relevant experience in the field of Petrochemicals with strong background in the industry used as building blocks for cluster (petrochemical / energy intensive industries).
- Conduct cluster development feasibility studies and utilities findings as a basis for further industrial cluster planning.
- Experience in conducting studies and preparing reports related to the industrial cluster field.
- Consultancy and study experience.
- Time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant computer proficiency, experience in using Microsoft Office tools and/or any relevant software.
Bechtel employees in Jubail receive free furnished housing and basic utilities, work transport, free health care (on site in Saudi Arabia), eligible participation in Bechtel group/private health care plan options, retirement benefit plan participation, life insurance options for you and qualified dependents, a base of 24 days of paid leave, 11 paid holidays, airfare coverage and additional time off for R&Rs and Home Leave, and local private schooling tuition coverage for up to two school-aged dependent children.
For more information and to view a video on Jubail, please copy and paste the following address into a new browser window so as not to navigate away from this page:
Job Segment: Industrial, Developer, Manager, Web Design, Engineer, Manufacturing, Technology, Management, Creative, Engineering
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed you have accounts in our “Talent Community" and “Application" systems. We take security seriously and need to verify your identity to synchronize your accounts.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.